Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Three Pigs

three little pigs
built houses
made of hay, sticks
and of course
bricks that click

the Wolf
he comes
and with a breath
and a chomp

say good-bye
to Hay
and off he runs
this wolf to Stick

Stick he cringes
but Wolf
with a breath
and a chomp

breaks with a squeal
Stick is just a pick
for Wolf and he runs
off to see Brick

Brick laughs
Wolf doesn't stand
a bit of a chance
and he throws a brick

Wolf, he's hit
but never forget
he is quicker with wit
as he leaps

Brick, he sees
as wolf, he seethes
and with a breath
on his neck

Brick, he knows,
what comes next
a chomp and quick
hey, it's death
and it sticks.

2 comments:

Chris Roberts said...

This one is very much an experiment for me, so just looking for input. I think I know where issues lie, but am curious if you all have the same opinions.

Chris Andrews said...

I like how it's very sing-song. You get used to the rhythm and then there's ol death waiting at the end. I know I haven't read it in a while, but it kind of reminds me of Blaine the Mono too