Tuesday, October 11, 2011

dumb dog. [all dogs go to heaven]

as the wolf waits, so hungry and lonely, he bays to the moon, "if only if only"
~dumb dog, you make us look bad..

3:00..
What was that... ears up, eyes alert, he's standing now.. since when was I standing, wasn't I just laying down half a second ago? And now I'm at the door? It's 3:00 now, she should be getting here soon. Oh boy oh boy can't wait, can't wait. They're gonna have so much fun. It's gonna be the most fun date. Even better than yesterday. Strolling through the park, meeting new friends and visiting familiar places that hold familiar scents and familiar sights, and familiar memories - memories that only her and I could share. He hopes they go by that place - oh I hope we do - I'll drag her if I have to - that place where she first kissed him on his nose, and I couldn't help but to kiss her back, that place where she first wrapped her arms around his neck so tightly and said she'd love him forever. I cant believe I've waited this long it seems like forever..

footsteps ~ thump....... thump..... thump... thump.
heartbeats ~ thump thump thump thump
stops.......
his synced up syncopated heartbeat ceases along with her step
as she stops at the door,
holding within his chest his first breath,
as his waiting ends forevermore..

he hears the keys keeping his breath in tight
and he prays that she'd take no longer
to open the door and give him first sight
of she, but he could be no wronger..

keys jingle and find the lock
they jangle as they caress the tumblers,
and he sitting, in his plans taking stock,
while his heart in his chest slumbers,
awaiting lights first glance to lumber
forth out of him withal; to cease a number existence

..then, before his heartbeat's end, when his heart's keys end, and before his heartbeat ends -
the door opens..

"heyy", the girl speaks, and she speaks with a voice that scorched the sky and shakes his world. That shuffles the mundane rigmarole of running in circles looking for the perfect whole to bury lies that just lie anyway, from chasing things that I'll never ever catch but can't help but to dream big anyway.. and it's a good thing too, my attention span isn't that impressive.
But when she speaks he pays attention like no other, as if her words determine the very outcome of the end of his world he lingers..
On the touch of her fingers on his neck and awaits her beck and call, the heck with all everything else he gives up on the world when she comes around and now he's hoping..
That she can somehow surmise that past his deep orange eyes he's devised the perfect day for them, one in which they're are imbued with each other, but demise..
Is all that's in store for him, but maybe she'll ask for more of him, he's hoping that she'll ask for more from him today..

Yes yes yesyesyesyes, your back, finally your home, oh how I've missed you. I've been going crazy in here by myself without you, thinking of what to do, and how to keep from tearing this place apart, and thinking of you, like cats think about fishes, like washers think about dishes, and tongues think about dishes.. like the sun thinks about the noon where wolves think about the moon, I've been thinking about you.. my moon.

"Did you miss me, - you have no idea how so - so sweet".
"Heyy wait, let me get in the house before I'm yours. Come on now, take it easy I'm here, - yeah your here, now we're here, now lets "there" lets go! - I know you missed me all day, and you probably want to spend some time together, ­­­­- again you have no idea, you're my moon, and I'm your night, and night is just an empty dark anomaly without its moon - but I'm not gonna stay long, I'm going out again soon.. sorry," - ok we're leaving soon, alright awesome, she's going that means we're going out...

he sits and waits for her to change, and he's changing
from moods unpredicted to sentiments forlorn,
from happily young forever in his plans to aging,
slowly decrepit and time-worn

it sinks in, what she meant, what she said
about her leaving out soon.
finally it sinks in that joy illimited,
that he, nor she, nor they were meant to be this afternoon

standing 13 inches on 7 feet,
orange eyes like flowers and fire
his massive heart skips a beat
and he suffers now the dire
consequences of hoping higher
and baying nigher his so called wholly moon

try as you may, you dumb mongrel,
you're not going with, and yet so you bay
to your so called moon, or so called scoundrel
despite whatever she may say,
but, haha, one word you obey
although two feet above hers your head may stay
you sit and just roll over when she may say, "stay"

0 comments: