Monday, September 12, 2011

schizophrenia

see it

the world
beyond sanity

where the metaphysical becomes tangible

hinted at times
by the homeless shadow
that makes you look twice
by the heat of a body
when all there is is you
by the aroma of dreams past
when logic suggest otherwise
by the voice that speaks only to you

it breathes
any life to dream of
any simple joy to attain
sucked in
releasing in a whistling shriek
like bloodied fingernails
tearing hard against rock
trying to etch memories
something
anything to remember
my son's innocence
my husband's love

but all that's left

my tormentor

traveling through space
motionless
except for his pupils
clinging to mine.

1 comments:

Edward Yoo said...

I haven't had much poetry in me lately, but since I haven't posted in a while, I felt inclined to put something, anything, up: an older poem, revised with stanza breaks, omission of all punctuation and capitalization, and a few word changes as well.