Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lord of Winterfell


i just laughed
given that i surmised
what they obviously missed
that there were always the books

although they were never hidden
in a nook
if only they had
given a look

literally,
if they were just
a little more
literate
it would have always seemed
deliberate

the lord of winterfell's
"untimely" demise
was not a desperate ploy
nor a way to play
an audience of drooling
mindless zombies
it was always right
even if,
what the heck,

he was cut from the neck.

3 comments:

Chris Roberts said...

maybe a throwaway, rambling, and late, but i was really surprised when there was an outcry over when Eddard Stark's death in A Game of Thrones took place. I read the first two books a few years ago, but really, it surprised me how many people didn't even know about the series until a television show was made.

it bothers me sometimes that people are oblivious to great stories when they are not movies or television.

ralph vague said...

I didn't know it was a series until a friend told me when I mentioned I started watching the show. Nice poem, creep.

Chris Andrews said...

I didn't realize that it was a book either. This does remind me a bit of Watchmen though. The rhyme is pretty overt, but it does work and I think that the whole sing-song approach to a topic like this works really well.

Oh, and to answer your question from a while ago. I've just never been comfortable with rhyme. I mean if it functions to move the ideas forward and enhance the poem, then I am all about it. It is just hard for me to create rhyme that does that.